Monday, September 7, 2026

Moving

I guess so far, the takeaway from my latest move is how utterly exhausting it has been. It is a combination of many different things, from having lived so many places over the last two decades, to being over 70, to the physical exertion needed to pick up even limited numbers of boxes. But in my case, there is much, much more. It's like walking backward into the old paradigm at a moment when I can almost physically feel the energies of the new paradigm surging forward. It's returning to owning more things (including heavy things like furniture) when for years most of my belongings have been packed in boxes. It's opening purchases packed in plastic, and being more part of a consumer model that I find hard on so many levels. 

And yet...(and this is important)...I need to live alone right now. For so many reasons, the most important of which is so that I can align with the Goddess to the greatest extent possible. The current situation is the best way to do that for the moment. I may face loneliness, boredom, and other aspects of the Void far more acutely than I have done in years, and whether I take up good habits or bad ones remains to be seen. There may be changes to my diet, but whether that means becoming a vegetarian, or eating nothing but junk food, I don't know. Some days it may be easier to get exercise in my new setting, and I will be on a bus line so I'll have more freedom to be spontaneous. That is good.

Overall, this change is "moving". It will change me somehow, I'm not sure how. It will move me somehow. In an era when so many people have less housing security, I am very, very thankful for some of it right now, especially heading into winter. Today is the last push toward getting my belongings in one place. I couldn't sleep last night, so I suspect a lot of sleeping will be part of my immediate future! For the time being, my writing schedule may be somewhat erratic, so bear with me. Thanks!