Saturday, November 20, 2021

My Perspective

Well, last night's news certainly made it official -- my perspective on life is making world and national events ever more impossible to understand, and painful to watch.

I won't try to unravel or explore all the strands of these events. Others have started that process. But here's the thing about being "post-duality": you know that every person (and life form) on the planet is you. The earth around you is you. There is no need to protect yourself from others because they are you. There is no excuse to defile the earth because doing so endangers all life on the planet. 

Sometimes, when I have told friends that I would never pick up a weapon to "defend myself", they have said, "Well, Liz, we can tell you aren't a mother. Those of us with children would do what it took to protect our children." And it's true. If I had had children in this lifetime, the only defense of them I might have managed would have been spiritual or psychological, and even that is ultimately not necessary in a unity construct. I would have known my children were safe or, if I couldn't be absolutely sure of that, I would have known that in the bigger picture of many lifetimes they were having the journey they needed and signed up for. I could not bring myself to be physically violent to another person for any reason, including to protect myself or my loved ones.

Here's the thing. We are entering a time when earth and human energies are going to shift so fundamentally upwards, that all forms of conflict, fear mongering, violence, and even competition will simply stop working. To the extent to which they "worked" in the past, they increasingly won't work now. If we can stop, take a deep breath, and really observe, we'll see that this emergence from the duality construct has already started. Things that seem extreme are kind of a "last gasp" of an old paradigm. At this, of all times, we mustn't lose heart. Imagine standing joyfully and fearlessly in front of the world as it changes. Seriously, can you imagine it?