Yes, after all these years, those are usually the first two words out of my mouth at the beginning of a month. I don't really believe in "luck", but for some reason the tradition sticks.
And yes, there has been a small uptick in the presence of animal and bird life. At this moment, I hear crickets or peepers of some kind and the occasional bird call, and I saw one squirrel on my walk earlier. Yet it remains creepily, eerily quiet overall. I believe enough in the intelligence of all life on earth to know that this means something, even if I cannot personally interpret it. Some message may have come to animals on the surface from the inner planes, or the outer galactic ones, which undoubtedly we could interpret if we were more alert.
I went somewhere yesterday guaranteed to keep us less alert -- a mall. People wonder, why would I go there, when I basically hate them, don't like shopping, and find the "energy" to be overwhelming? Well, I guess in a nutshell, it involves having no car and (at the moment) little freedom of movement. When I have the chance to take the city bus on a small adventure, this is one thing I do. I eat the same food every time, wander the air conditioned spaces the same way, go to the big bookstore to find a crossword puzzle book and sometimes sit and sip iced coffee, and once in a blue moon make a small purchase of the kinds of clothing or footwear that I can't buy used. People talk about being in a bubble -- the mall is the ultimate bubble. One is essentially unaware of everything outside, from weather conditions to animals to local news to national and international events, to, heck, your friends or family and what they may be going through. It's all about "shopping". Distraction. I'm actually stunned that malls still exist, although this specific place seemed remarkably crowded. There are cities where the local mall has closed, but the structure remains, an eyesore and a nuisance.
Malls aside, human activity aside, it just feels as if the Goddess is taking a deep breath. A calm before many storms. The Capital District area discovered the other day that it is not immune to climate chaos...but two days later, people seemed to have moved on. I guess if I didn't have some spiritual understanding of the path we are on, I'd "move on" too. Gosh, I might have better "moved on" thirty years ago! But for this weekend, I'll join the Goddess in a deep breath. Breathing, love, and connecting with animal life if they find you. That's all one can do.