Thursday, November 2, 2017

New York and Colorado

So much is being said. There is so little that I can add, except my usual. I don't understand wanting to hurt people. I don't understand wanting to kill people. I don't understand wanting to own, make, or use weapons against other humans even when it might "protect" me. And what a strange moment this is, when any of us could potentially lose our life walking down the street, or at a concert, or at a big box store, or at work. Violence democratized. Violence showing us exactly how nasty and pointless it is. Violence in our faces. 

I think if there is any purpose to it all, it is just this -- no more hiding behind "wars" (just or unjust) or distant lands or behind the scenes. No more "it's just a video game" or "it's just a movie." No more, "it's over there, not here." No more, "we'll protect our womenfolk and children from the grim realities." No more delusion. It is right here, and it is traumatizing everyone.

My belief in only one divine power (for good) remains intact, although this last year has sorely shaken it. I think as humans we are graduating from a duality-based reality to a oneness one, and, ahem, some people just aren't ready for the transition. The beautiful, loving stream of life is taking them somewhere where they aren't willing to go.  Those of us who can, today is a good day to do something calm, unifying, beautiful, loving. Today (All Souls' Day) is a good day to remind ourselves that all souls are "us."