Saturday, October 2, 2021

What an Example

The other day, I only half jokingly said to a friend that perhaps I have done more in the last few years to put people off the Goddess than to inspire them. I mean really. Chronic homelessness, no career, difficulty achieving goals, loneliness...not exactly an appealing picture. Perhaps I should go back to hiding my divine feminine orientation so that no one will see me as such a good example of how non-functional it can be. And at least part of this outcome has to do with apparently being "post-duality", not the same thing as being oriented to the divine feminine, but arguably linked. 

I keep coming back to the fact that our current society is calibrated to support only certain kinds of success, certain kinds of progress, certain kinds of recognition. Every time in my life that I have hit a wall and thought I couldn't go any further, a friend or relative has well-meaningly pointed out that the system in place is all we have, and we have no choice but to follow it. I always hated this lecture. I know that in other dimensions and other lifetimes, I have experienced love-based paradigms, and that, yes, these are an option for humans on planet Earth. But apparently few people realize it, and there aren't yet any solid systems in place to support "all love, all the time". So, the fact that I have survived decades of chronic fear and conflict is its own kind of success. Anyone who survives life as we know it for any period of time is successful in my book.

On this strangely warm and humid October Saturday, may I be fearless and unconcerned with opinion, discomfort, and uncertainty. In our time, humanity itself is hitting a wall. I've longed for the day when someone would say, "Liz, tell us what's going on here. Is there another way? If so, what is it?", and that day seems to be getting closer. There are many of us out here, examples of a different way of being, speaking, and believing, and our lives are, however imperfectly, a blueprint. The picture may seem shimmering and insubstantial, but with every day and every new moment of focus, it gains substance. For my part, I need to move beyond self-deprecating comments of any kind (lighthearted or not) and honor my own efforts and example. It has taken a certain inner strength, that's for sure. Be strong too, dear readers.