Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Artificial Intelligence

As regular readers know, I rarely post two days in a row, but I don't know, things are so far beyond insane out there...and I'm reaching that age where it's, like, if I don't say it now, will I get to say it tomorrow? So bear with me as the rhythm and content of this blog undergoes a little growth. 

So I read Dan Brown's book Origin yesterday. I hadn't intended to. I've reached the point where I can tolerate very few forms of entertainment, especially when they involve intrigue, fear, violence, etc. Unless it's really tongue-in-cheek ("Midsomer Murders," say) or set way in the past, like some medieval mysteries, I'd rather sleep than read, watch TV or go to a movie. But when I read the book jacket's reference to a person having solved the two basic questions of human existence, I figured I had to proceed. Spoiler alert, I'm going to be very general, but I may give something away in the next paragraph.

Because, yes, what emerges is the prediction that artificial intelligence will merge with, even subsume, human intelligence within a few decades. This is nothing new. Ten years ago or more, I assigned my community college students some reading about "the singularity" as described by Ray Kurzweil and others. In Brown's book, the futurist making the prediction is an avowed atheist, setting up conflict with religious institutions. It's "religion vs. science."

Am I the only woman in the world who feels like there is something wrong with this picture? I don't feel like humanity has even begun to take women's intelligence seriously, and yet we are well on our way to becoming human search engines? What about my intelligence, creativity, intuition, wisdom? What about the changes that could take place in the world if every woman's intellectual and spiritual talents were fully used and embraced? My intelligence isn't artificial, it's very real. It is powerful. And as a total package, it has been almost completely ignored. We are skipping a step in human evolution if women's power continues to be sidelined in the race to create "artificial" intellectual power.

This isn't a critique of this book. Heck, conflict is what most of our entertainment is all about. But once you leave duality-land behind, it's literally painful to hear words like "fight," "versus," "against," "conflict," "war," etc. Energetically, you just cannot be part of it at all. There isn't much to ground a person out in post-duality land, and life out here is many things. But at least it isn't "artificial." I can testify to that.