Friday, August 25, 2023

Are they the same thing?

As many of you know who have been following this blog, I have been presenting (one by one) a list of "Goddess Words" that I wrote out sometime in the mid-2000's. Also, at times, I have tried to express the "place" I seem to be at, which is post-duality, for lack of a better word. Along the way, I have been trying to figure out whether they are the same thing; whether a "Goddess world" would be, by definition, more unified and harmonic, and less conflict-driven. My assumption has been that it would be, but I don't know that I can confidently answer that question at this moment in history!

Yesterday, I read carefully through my original list, hand-written on a sheet of heavy cardboard. I was interested to see that the words (over 140 of them) focused on the qualities of a potential Goddess being, or a being who fully embodied the divine feminine.  I guess fifteen or twenty years ago, I was a little less interested in what kind of bigger culture such beings (on the spiritual or human plane!) might usher in. A number of words don't show up on the list: peace, unity, harmony, oneness, nature...Hmm...

I'm just throwing this out there for people to think about. I know that, ultimately, who I am and what I am is not political, or economic, or religious, or scientific, or societal. It's that certain things (war, violence, hatred, conflict, profit, ownership, ugliness, fear) only barely compute. My heart and brain cannot function from those places, and I watch much of what happens in the world like a bad movie. When people say, "all humans are capable of violence", for instance, I really don't think that is true. But whether I can only resonate with and envision a world in harmony because of values that are arguably feminine, or whether I would be much the same person if my spiritual path had taken me in a more traditional religious direction, I don't know.

So this is just a "check-in" to acknowledge what I don't know. (I suppose if I were truthful about that, this post would run to a million pages!!!) May your weekend bring you a measure of peace and beauty in the midst of all our uncertainties.