Monday, October 30, 2023

No Words

It is rare for me to go for a whole week without writing. There were a few different factors this last week, including trying to race around and do things/see people before the cold weather and snow, which started last Friday. But the main thing was simply finding no words with which to respond to the war in the Middle East, among other heartbreaking events. It is with absolutely no irony whatsoever that I say, I can't understand why people are drawn to horror movies, many TV shows and ads, "spooky" Halloween events like haunted houses, and dressing up for that holiday, when our day-to-day world has become so horrifying and violent.

I guess when there are no words, it is best not to spend long paragraphs analyzing everything! So I am just going to return to a few of the messages I seem to have "channelled" (if you will) from the Goddess. The first: that we are entering a period of much higher spiritual energies (throughout the world and the Universe), and anything conflict-, hatred-, fear-, profit-, or power over-driven will simply stop working as effectively, no matter who is involved. More than ever in history, only love, joy, beauty (and their related qualities!) will "work". She told me She will never ask me to fight for anyone or anything, or against anyone or anything. Energetically, fighting is not aligned with the Goddess, and adding even the slightest iota of anger or pushback energy to our toxic mix will not lead to peace. Lastly, focusing on the condition that is sick or violent will only attract more sickness and violence. Yes, I, too, have been "perseverating" on the world's two most prominent wars, but as soon as my mind can stand such agitated thinking no longer, I seem to be able to let go. The only response must be to create some small bit of beauty, express some small bit of joy, or embrace someone or something in love. 

Last night, public radio played the entire Faure Requiem. It has probably been over 40 years since I sang this exquisite choral piece, and yet I remember every single word in Latin, and just about every note of the four choral parts, the solos, and the instrumental accompaniment. I closed my eyes and sang the whole darned thing from memory, all 35 or 40 minutes. Love, joy, and beauty twined into a rare braided ribbon of ecstasy. Finally, there were words.