Monday, October 23, 2023

Threads of joy

I had basically "planned" to spend the weekend meditating on joy. I knew I had stumbled on something important last week; that joy is hard to uncover when you place decades of external (often male) expectations and preferences on top of it.

While I don't for a moment think joy is insubstantial or fragile, there are moments when trying to find its threads -- to follow the path to the well of joy within -- is challenging. On Friday, I had scheduled my COVID booster, and wow, did this one ever do me in! I was all but "out for the count" from midday Friday through Saturday, even into Sunday. Perseverating on the Middle East didn't help.

Back on January 5 of this year, I wrote about Joy as one of my Goddess words. And interestingly enough, I note that I have used the word quite frequently in this blog. So it's there, it's in me. The best I can do today is consider what brings me joy right now, and it is the belief that we are (despite appearances) heading into a world beyond war, and that the feminine face of the divine is re-emerging from behind the clouds. Embodying and expressing Her, as best as I can on this paradoxically dark, rainy day, is my only "job". Holding onto joy's thread inward is my only job. (Interesting that "job" and "joy" are only one letter different, eh?!) May this week bring you peeks of joy. Even peaks!