Friday, August 28, 2026

Today...

Today, if I could be a tarot card, I would be "The Fool". That's the major arcana card where the life journey starts, the young person with a tiny sack of belongings on a stick, about to leap off a cliff. In some decks, the child is beset on all sides by challenges, yet has a smile on their face as they take the leap. This starting point is emblematic of the place of total emptiness, total "not knowing". I guess this is the perfect card or persona for the day of a lunar eclipse!

I had hoped to go outside around midnight and see if I could see the eclipse, but unfortunately we were having a series of rolling thunderstorms that kept waking me up. I finally accepted that there would be nothing to see, and fell back asleep. However, this morning, I experienced the strangest feeling of emptiness combined with total acceptance, even lightness and total joy. I mean, even though I rarely use those traditional cards, I immediately thought of the Fool image, and saw it as a self-portrait. I spoke last time about being hollowed out, and there is one benefit to that state right now as we are undergoing this ascension process...weightlessness. I feel like I am about to leap off a cliff, and yet instead of falling "down", I will waft along on the wind. I will, in effect, "fly" for the first time in my life. While none of the events scheduled in upcoming weeks would seem to have that energy, I believe that they are part of my new timeline, leading to a form of soaring that has been rare so far.

Speaking of flying, the other day, I saw the third monarch butterfly of the summer. I just about burst into tears and called him "sweetheart". He actually showed up in the same spot about an hour later, but when I tried to pull out my phone to take a picture, he flew away. It was reassuring nonetheless. And I saw three wrens this morning and a robin yesterday. Again, the wildlife picture is entirely too empty, but I just have to hope that they are ascending too!