Thursday, October 6, 2016

Popcorn

Yeah, I am coming to appreciate 60 more and more.

Today's metaphor came to me in the night. I was thinking about my life being a kettle with a little oil at the bottom and a layer of popcorn, over a medium-high heat. The heat is, of course, the love energy of God/Goddess/Universe/Source, and the popcorn kernels are my potential creative outcomes. All these years, I should have been just shaking the kettle and experiencing the ever-faster "pop" of great ideas, great accomplishments, and great creative outputs. Instead, I think I spent much of my adult life trying to keep those kernels from popping. It was exhausting. Enter 60, when frankly, you just don't have that extra energy. You finally get that the whole point of putting popcorn on the stove is to let it pop. And you feel such relief finally just starting to let your creativity and honest thoughts come to fruition, when they are love-based. Not knowing exactly how many viable "kernels" are left in this lifetime, you want to let them live.

This week, between posting the Allegory blog on Monday and being able to speak kindly but more forthrightly-than-usual to people on several different subjects, I have had practice at letting go of my instinct to hold back. It's like using a new muscle. I don't feel entirely comfortable yet, but I feel more energized this week and new synchronicities and opportunities are arriving unexpectedly. On Tuesday, in the course of an hour, two enjoyable future temp jobs came my way, with utterly no effort on my part. A lot of other things have unfolded more "easily" this week than they usually have.

The moral of the story: let your popcorn pop.