Thursday, August 24, 2017

Pre-zinging

Since I last wrote, we have had an eclipse, and the extreme energetic equivalent in a number of world events. I am seeing some of the strongest "contrasts" (Abraham-Hicks-speak) I've ever seen in my lifetime, from the most hopeful and beautiful to the most distressing and vile -- and of course, in this internet connected world, we may jump back and forth within seconds from one emotion to another. I suspect that sociologists and psychologists of the near future will speak of this time, when humans began to have nearly simultaneous access to the widest ever levels of feeling. Some people can only feel the lowest ones, perhaps, and others the highest ones, and then many of us are in the middle, trying valiantly to experience and make sense of the whole spectrum.

I just had this interesting thought. If everything is energy, everything on some level is music. What if all these events are a form of music? What if the earth is emanating literally chord after chord of music as these events take place and as we react to them, however we do it? What if we could step back just enough from time to time and listen to the music? "Why, hmm, that's an interesting chord! That's an interesting melody." What if the earth has quite literally never been as musically alive as it is now, as an entity? 

The Queen of the Softish landing has done it again, and it's not quite a flower bed for brilliant blooming and zinging, but I'd call it good for pre-zinging. I'm being safely held and, as you can see, finding words for new thoughts. The music I'm hearing may not be my favorite Howells Mag and Nunc, but I'm still here to "hear" and I'm grateful. Part of my problem for thirty-plus years was that I didn't approach my life as the musician I am. It's not just about singing or playing your instrument, it is about a life dedicated to harmony and listening and creating beauty and being one with your gift at all times. It's about not pushing away the best part of you. I don't need to sing today, or even zing. But I need to walk out the door knowing I'm part of the music. That's pre-zinging, and pre-zinging is life too.