Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Awareness

You might think that, with all my attention these last few months being focused on tsunamis of personal old trauma, readying myself for new birth and, now, the process starting, I haven't paid any attention to what is happening in the world. That is not the case, although I guess it has been a true pregnancy in the sense that I have had, first and foremost, to keep the main focus on my emerging, post-retirement self. I've watched US news with particular horror, perhaps my only experience in this lifetime of "how can I bring a 'baby' into such a messed-up world?" Do I really want to keep going? There is new active trauma hitting all of us, wave after wave of it, and yes, I am aware of it, perhaps more acutely than ever. Even in a somewhat stronger, more enlightened form, can I handle this? I'm not entirely sure the answer is yes, but I know that the world needs "people like me." Checking out is an option, and it would be so tempting, but I've always been a bit too courageous and persistent to retreat from life entirely. Everything I've experienced up until now has been preparation for this time, and that may be true of millions of us.

There is one good thing about the era we are in. It almost seems like a truth serum time, doesn't it? The truth of who people, institutions, and policies "are" is clearer than clear. You don't have to scratch your head and say, "hmm, maybe separating children from their parents is ethical." It's not. It's an atrocity. The great mother, the energy of the divine feminine, is aware of what is happening, and that's the truth too.