Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Lifetimes

Plowing ahead. Now that I am out in the sun, the words are flowing faster. And it's a full moon. Lots of clarity. 

I realized this morning that I am very glad I am one of those people who believes that we have many lifetimes. If this were my one and only go-round, the fact that our world is taking on a distinctly Orwellian "boot stamping on a human face" quality would lead me to total despair. As it is, I'm extremely, extremely troubled, but curious. Something good has to come of all of this sooner or later. I hope it is in my current lifetime.

For years, I have thought that the chances were virtually nil that for my one and only lifetime, I would be gifted with literally too many talents to use properly. When I was taking old masters painting classes, my teacher looked at my first effort and said she was sure I must have done this in another lifetime...that I was too skilled and instinctive not to have done it before many times. And my whole thing about England and cathedral music has previous lifetimes written all over it. The question becomes, how do you use these skills when you circle around again? I'm old enough now and have survived enough to realize that it may have to be from the new, higher perspective -- that trying to insert yourself into extant structures may not work. And it can be boring. Things are literally second nature, too easy.

I love Abraham-Hicks's take on death (and I cannot remember exactly where she said this): Something to the effect of, we are spiritual beings focusing briefly on the earth plane. At death, we simply switch our focus back to the spiritual plane. No big deal. She's totally cheeky about death, and wonders why we all make such a fuss about it. And I agree. We're just basically splashing in and out of the river of love, like otters. Fear of death seems to be at the root of so much that happens in our world, and there is quite literally nothing to fear. 

However, the other side of that coin is another truth. Death may not be a big deal, but another person's human experience is their business. That's why I could never attack someone, or "defend" myself with a weapon. If someone should kill me, that would be their bad karma (so to speak), but if I turn around, beat them to it, and defensively kill them, it's mine. I simply won't do it. 

There is so much fear-mongering right now, both real and in our entertainment industry, so I guess it is no surprise that it feels like waves of horror are moving around the planet. It's impossible to avoid them all, but I'm committed to being just a little island of fearlessness in the midst of it all. (Heck, after surviving all my personal tsunamis of the last year, I have a lot of practice.) Life is eternal. It's a river of love that we weave easily in and out of. Speaking only for myself, I cannot listen anymore to anyone who says otherwise.