Thursday, March 10, 2022

What would She do?

"What would She do?" That, in essence, seems to be my preoccupation the last few days, and that of many of my friends, even if worded differently. "What should I do?" "What would I do if I were in Ukraine?" "Where is She in all this?"

Oh, gosh. Talk about not feeling up to the task. But I've seen this era coming for decades, so I guess I cannot pull away now. 

Of course, the problem is that She isn't a being in the sky, or a figure deep in a cave, or only embodied by planet Earth or the women of earth. As beautifully illustrated on "Nova" last night (PBS), humans can now ever-more-effectively see into the far corners of the Universe; I believe She is every last galaxy in that Universe, and all the love energy that created those galaxies. She is a power of love and creativity so enormous that humans may never grasp it...and frankly, "She" is beyond gender anyway. It's just that I am a woman. Even in my lifetime, I have been condescendingly told to leave worldly affairs to men and not to worry my pretty little head about anything. Look where a world of such marginalization has brought us!  Right now, I define the divine, loving, creative force as feminine. This war is energetically as far from a mother's Love as is humanly possible, that is for sure.

If (as I and some others believe) Love is the only active force in the universe, then what some call "evil" is really "resistance to love". And resistance to resistance (say, directly entering the conflict, putting sanctions into effect, closing businesses, etc.) creates negative momentum, a growing, hellish deep hole where love cannot be found. Some of my friends have said that if they were there, they would take up weapons and fight, and I would never tell anyone that this is wrong. All of us, male and female, need to dig deep to articulate exactly what we believe and what we must do. I cannot "believe" for others.

So this is just me. I see no energetic overlap between shooting a weapon at another human being and love. Even if it is done in the spirit of, "I love such-and-such people and want to defend them," the act itself is violent non-love. It is inherently a form of resistance to love, as are many of the building blocks of our modern world. So what will the She-in-me do today? I will only do activities that are in the Love "ballpark". I will write, communicate with friends, bake, listen to music, appreciate nature, all those things women have always done from our perches outside the fray...but rather than look at my world as secondary, I will look at it as the only "real" reality (and the mostly-male world of conflict and violence as a resistant, freakish exception). In some small way, I will create the world I would like to live in.

I am holding in the light all the men, women and children exiled and on the road, the dead and dying, the elderly who cannot move and are running out of supplies, and the pregnant women on stretchers. May those women safely give birth to children who live to see a genuinely peace-and-love-filled world. May this be the moment when we realize that our old solutions simply will not work anymore, and we aren't even willing to go through the motions of trying them.