Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Three Lenses

It is a stunning moment. All of us see it through our own lenses, and in my case, I have a strange pair of glasses with three lenses. Perhaps the third one is over my third eye?!

Lens number one: how ultimately hopeless it is to function in a world that has, for too long, dishonored the feminine and the divine feminine. While I am seeing traces of the divine feminine in some of the responses to the war, the invasion itself is pure "not love", not the kind embrace of the Goddess.

Lens number two: how ultimately hopeless the duality construct is. War can only happen when people believe in "the other". War can only happen when people blame others. It can only happen when people think they are greater than others. We in the "West" have to pay attention to the ways we think this ourselves. 

Lastly, lens number three: this is a law of attraction teaching moment. A lot of people hate the idea of the law of attraction, seeing it as "blaming the victim". (Perhaps in this case, seeing it as Ukraine having drawn the invasion to itself.) I understand where they are coming from, but I don't see it that way. On the one hand, it is as simple as the Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have others do unto you." We are energetic beings, almost like a radio. We send out waves of energy. And the Universe, dearly trying to find unity, sends back the waves that most closely match what we are sending out. Yet there is also complexity, in the sense that layers of time and history enter into it, unprocessed fears and actions from ancestors or other people hundreds of years ago. This is undoubtedly in play in this situation. Until individual people and entire countries or civilizations come to terms with their pasts, and find genuine peace within, the waves of conflicted energy that go out will boomerang back -- sooner or later. 

I think it was Abraham-Hicks who said, in some video or another, that once you are falling out of the airplane, you can't get back into it. You can only try to have a soft landing. And of course the only person we can align with love and harmony is ourself; if we are angry in trying to change and sanction others, anger will circle right back to us. So for today, all I can do is make my personal landscape one of peace. I am attending my first musical concert in over two years, which is a bit unnerving given how much of a hermit I have been. But only music would have drawn me out at this crucial moment.