Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Thresholds

In the northern tier of states, where I have always lived, Memorial Day weekend traditionally seems to be unsettled-to-poor, weather-wise, but this weekend "took the cake", right next the the lake; 40's and 50's, grey, rainy, and then yesterday, two violent storms, one of which brought tornados to other parts of Minnesota. I still prefer this to 90's and sunny, because mystic me has an excuse for holing up and thinking, but one is still aware of being in the only place in the country where trees and flowers haven't fully come out yet!

Still, it gave me time to realize something which I think is important, both to articulate  for myself and to mention to readers.

To some extent, I have been interchanging three spiritual concepts which are, at least at this moment in history, separate, or they may not overlap for everyone. The first is having an orientation to the divine feminine rather than the divine masculine. The second is having a unity/post-duality perspective. And the third is recognizing the law of attraction at work in the world, moving beyond the notion that "things randomly happen".

By and large, none of these concepts is the norm in society. And I'm not entirely sure whether I crossed over all three thresholds in this lifetime, or had already done it in previous lifetimes. I rather think the latter, but either way, when you are immersed in a world with billions of people, it may take a lifetime to find or re-find your own core beliefs...perhaps I'm fortunate to have done it with, potentially, a little more time to spare!

But the point I am making is that law of attraction, for instance, has many adherents who focus primarily on attracting shiny new cars and increased income...these same folks may or may not have any interest in the Goddess. And there are Christian mystics who have crossed the duality threshold into a notion of oneness; they may remain deeply rooted in traditional notions of God. While, for me, all three intertwine quite comfortably (the Goddess in me, emanating out, only wants to create love, beauty, truth and joy, and draw the same back to me), these are big thresholds in these violent times, and each individual may have different experiences of crossing one or all of them -- or not...

I always find Memorial Day rather excruciating, and this year, the parallel images of flowers being put on soldiers' graves and on the graves of young children were almost too much to bear. I guess all I will say is that I don't believe notions like "ultimate sacrifice" even exist in the construct we are entering, "over the thresholds"...