Monday, July 18, 2022

650th

This is a milestone. This is my 650th published post in this blog. I know there are only a handful of you reading "The Liz Path" and I am so honored that you are sticking with me! It's so interesting how I had far more readers early on, and they are dropping away as I have become more courageous about speaking my truth. It's kind of the way my whole life has gone. But I have no regrets, either in life or in blogging! In my kind of paradigm, this sort of wisdom effort would be worth its weight in gold. In our current paradigm, of course, it is only "worth" anything if I advertise other products. And I cannot bear to do that. So I continue, writing for its own sake, thinking for its own sake, analyzing as best I can for its own sake (and for the sake of future generations) and learning to love for love's own sake.

I probably will be writing a little more often now, not necessarily every day, but when led to do so, not stopping myself with an artificial schedule. 

There are two things on my mind this morning. The first is that I am definitely finding out about more and more people who have or have had COVID. Someone asked me yesterday what my take is on this pandemic. I was grateful to be asked, yet after all this time, it's hard to sum it up. You have probably noticed that I am walking a very fine line about it. I accept how virulent and adaptable it has become, and have taken prudent steps to follow the mandates and avoid being exposed -- vaccinations, boosters, masking indoors and on buses, and sometimes outdoors. But I knew from day one that the effort to actively "fight" the disease would likely cause it to spread. Fear would likely cause it to spread. I don't think Nature set out to hurt us; new viruses and bacteria are forms of life expressed from the heart of the Goddess, just as every human is, every plant and animal is, every drop of water is. Life is ever renewing and replenishing within lifetimes and between lifetimes, so theoretically, we need not fear death or over-demonize certain life forms. But having been taught to do those things, it is not surprising that this has become another out-and-out battle. It's so sad.

On a similar note, regarding heat and fires around the world, someone on the news spoke of our "struggle with Mother Nature". What can I say? These kinds of phrases drive me crazy. Starting thousands of years ago, had each human endeavor included consultation with someone representing Goddess/Planetary consciousness thinking (probably, but not necessarily female), we wouldn't be in this mess. The future health of the earth would always have been part of our planning...we wouldn't have gone to such lengths to subdue our earth home. In subduing it, we have cut off its natural (and gentler) ways of achieving balance. Nature thus has no choice but to take ever more extreme measures to return earth to viability. We can choose to work with Her, or fight against Her, but I am almost certain the latter cannot work. 

Amazing to realize that 649 posts ago, the notion of pandemic wasn't on my radar screen, and even climate chaos wasn't a daily concern. How much has changed in seven years!