Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Looking Back

One of the strangest/hardest parts of my life has been the impression I have often had that I am a being of the future, "looking back" at the present, or perhaps existing in both realities simultaneously. Our current culture has always seemed so very, very antiquated in many respects, which is only a small part of why I found it so hard to navigate. But I can well imagine people of the future, sitting in a circle, trying in vain to understand how multiple human civilizations all over the world lived under the delusion that they were more powerful than the larger powers of creation. Even individuals felt that way! It will seem impossible that humans were so blind as to ignore the true value and beauty of their earth home -- until it was too late.

Of course, in the end, there will be no "too late" in the sense of complete annihilation. Earth (and all its beings) are in the process of incorporating a major surge of higher spiritual and physical energies. Love is entering and moving through the universe more intensively than ever before. Even putting aside all the upheaval of global climate change, and the other upheavals that will accompany it, a future earth (say, only a century or two from now) will look very different from today because of that higher spiritual tuning, but some people and constructs vibrating on a loving wavelength will be recognizable.

If I had children or grandchildren, what would I tell them now? I would do a visualization with them, where they imagine that they are in a surprising, emptier, mysterious future earth. I would try to walk them through the fears they are feeling, then try to get to the core of what they think a completely new society could look like. If I am not mistaken, many of them would want to start with love and a sense of belonging, and build outwards from there. Since love will be the path from here to there, many young people may be on it already! (And a few of us elders, too....)