Thursday, May 5, 2016

That next step

Sometimes that next step just appears underfoot, as the only next step you can take.  That step materialized over the last 48 hours or so.  My dad seems to have hit the 90-plus health wall, and this weekend, I will fly out to Montana to see him, and be there for 10 days helping my brother with everything that is going on. 

Early this morning, I was in quite a state.  I lived out there for several years; to say that the Rockies are not my natural milieu is the understatement of all time.  I'm not eager to return, and having made the commitment, I spent almost an hour of pre-dawn time questioning my decision.  This is where I believe that modern modes of communication (email, social media, etc.) are literally a godsend. Between the exceptionally wise and supportive notes I received from friends and some links to videos by equally wise spiritual teachers, I was able to get a wider view and see the potential blessings in the days ahead: possible growth and healing with family, get-togethers with dear friends, and the opportunity to tell the rather amazing story of what I have experienced since I saw folks about two years ago.  The stark beauty of the West has never felt nourishing, but who knows how two years have changed me, and whether those mountains may have something to tell me?

It becomes clearer and clearer that, as mentioned the other day, I need to open my arms to an income that is steady even when I am on the move.  I've contemplated the possibility of signing up for ads on this blog, but as of today, cannot quite bring myself to do it.  Perhaps my readers can energetically help me open myself to inspiration and out-of-the-box ideas that I am comfortable with.  An out-of-the-box life seems to require out-of-the-box "jet fuel." 

"Leaving on a jet plane..." Again!