Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Election

For readers in the US, please vote before even thinking of reading this blog. This is an important election. I voted; it is still the best system we have for universal participation in our communities and countries.

Having said that, speaking as a post-duality mystic, the polarization/"us vs. them" nature of all of humankind's current systems is painful. Really. I could tell you what I envision in the not-too-distant future, but it is so out there that I don't think it is particularly helpful today. But clearly as notions of Side A vs. Side B start to break down, as things start being defined less in reference to contrast to the other, and more from within our own souls, our community participation will take on a whole new energy. To say I'm personally looking forward to that day is an understatement! Will I live to see it? As my mom used to say, "we shall see."

On this grey, rainy November day with snow threatening, what do I elect to do? I elect to experience beauty. Today, rather than Howells, I chose William Byrd. I elect to do more work on my collage. I elect to hold this rather battered country in the light. I elect to continue to go within for my answers, not to expect miracles from politicians or outside experts. I elect to let go of expectations. I elect to remember that the human story has a long way to go, and tomorrow is another day.