Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Me/We

Yesterday in my handwritten journal, I wrote, "We are going to the moon today." After writing that, I went back and put the "we" in quotation marks. Why did I do that? Well, I guess it hit me that while the United States of America is doing it, I'm not either completely or partially on board with the idea. I mean, earth's humans are on the brink of environmental disasters, conflict disasters, and social upheaval, and this is the moment to bring all these unresolved issues further out into space? If they had asked me what I thought, I would have said no, thank you.

But it's at a moment like this that I start to swoon, Victorian-lady style. I mean, I say "no, thank you" to just about every major construct in our society: economic systems based on profit, not love; any form of violence (to people or nature) over and above swatting away a mosquito; religions that ignore the divine feminine; you name it. There are times when the enormity of the chasm between how I think about things and how "we" think about things is so large, I nearly stop breathing. It is no surprise that I'm out on a limb. Out on a limb, holding my breath!

Talking with friends, it seems that I am not the only woman who differentiates herself from the generalized "we". Some of us basically don't fit any category or spot on the political spectrum, and we are digging deep to try to figure out why. I cannot speak for others, but only for myself. My reasons for not wanting to colonize outer space, or to get involved in conflict, or to profit, or to worship in ways that focus on "good vs. evil", are completely spiritual. These are outmoded constructs, and my "we" are the people who understand that we have already entered the next spiritual age, beyond duality. Many years from now, when we can make our way to the moon from a "place" of complete unity, wisdom and love, I'll be all for it!