Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Mother, May I?

As I write, late in the month of May, there are stiff northeast winds wailing down Lake Superior, and brisk 40 degree temperatures, with wind chills probably around or below 30. It's hard to know if this is Duluth being Duluth, or Duluth being worse than normal because of climate change. We are actually shockingly dry, given that we had the most winter snow on record, and evidently Memorial Day weekend will be unusually rain-free for this part of the world. And we continue to experience quite smoky skies from Canadian fires. We are all connected.

I am still feeling a bit fragile, given all the revelations that are coming to me and the fact that in my last post, I am pretty sure some of the material was genuinely channelled and I had the courage to keep it in print. The thing that has changed in recent months is that I have put "being centered in the Goddess" at the top of my world, and all other things (even England and church music) under that larger umbrella. No more eeny-meeny-miney-mo. No more tennis match, with two sides of me volleying for victory. From now on, I'll do my best to align with the Goddess, and where I go and what I do will flow from that. When I am making decisions, I'll ask, "Mother, may I?", and move forward when the answer clearly seems to be yes.

The tricky thing about writing about what is happening in me and in the world will be staying away from a focus on what is "wrong". I'm human. I'm responding every day to what is amiss, feeling pain, heartbreak, helplessness. Falling into that black hole and giving in to the temptation to lecture ("We must do this", "We must fight that", "We must vote for this", "We must save this"...) will never be constructive. (On the occasions when I have done so in this blog, I've never felt completely happy about it!) What is in the process of happening is a complete (to use computer terminology) rebooting of life on earth, and the old paradigm won't really matter enough to focus on or critique any more. The questions for now are, "Is this love?", "Is this beauty", "Is this sustainable for all life?" and "Mother (Earth), May I?" The path forward will light up when you feel/hear/sense the answer is, "Yes".