Friday, June 23, 2023

Deep

OK, so I almost went off in a different direction, but what I cannot get out of my mind is...

The loss of the submersible in the North Atlantic. 

I mean, my first reaction was anger at these five men. Is there no part of Earth that can be left in peace? Does having a quarter of a million dollars really qualify you to dig ever-deeper into the core of Her being? Was such an expedition anything more than an opportunity for bragging rights? And I felt some anger at the enormous expense by governments and private institutions trying to rescue them. Women go missing all the time, and it hardly shows up on the radar screen. Men and women are falling through the cracks, and quickly forgotten. It seemed like yet another clear illustration of what (and who) is valued and what (and who) is not.

I softened a bit upon learning more about the men, their genuine passion for exploration, and their various human gifts. My most heartfelt response came when I thought about the implosion itself, those few seconds when each of the men must have grasped that their journey in this lifetime was over. Perhaps in that moment, they understood that another twenty years of loving their families and friends would have been worth more than pushing this particular envelope for its own sake. But it is possible that each of these beings was playing the teaching role that they came to earth to play...what have we learned?

As we go forward, endeavors undertaken for the sake of profit, fear, violence, and ego will simply be less and less successful. The energy of such events simply doesn't match what the Universe consists of, which is only love, and more and more of it. Yes, it's "deep", but you don't -- and won't -- need to go to the bottom of the ocean to find it.