Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Power

For a few days, I am exploring several options that may be available to me going forward. I am trying not to look at these so much as "housing" options, as the life options that might potentially allow me to act more powerfully going forward. Coincidentally (or not!), I picked a "Horse" oracle card, which suggests "power".

I did a search, and it is interesting that I use the word "power" quite frequently in this blog, but it doesn't look like I have used it as a title yet, in nearly 550 posts! Indeed, I had to look up the definition of the word, because when I tried to define it off the top of my head, I failed completely. "Possession of control, authority, or influence over others"...Hmm. This primary definition seems pretty old paradigm to me, with its implication of power in relationships "over" other people (or, presumably, the environment...) And perhaps that is why I have never thought of myself as being "powerful".  Most of the time, I have felt singularly powerless in the world. I have always known that I have inner powers -- creativity in writing, music and art, intuition, intellect, some wisdom -- but have these inner powers created a situation where I was in control of others or even (in any real way) of my own life? Even when I have felt authoritative, has anyone else considered me to be an authority? Have I yet been influential "over" others? Hardly at all. It is like, until now, my power has exuded from within me out to maybe a foot or two beyond my arms, and then it fizzled out. And frankly, I don't want power "over" others, or control "over" others. That's part of the duality construct that I hope is losing its hold on us.

So it is important for me to try to define, for myself anyway, what it would mean to "act powerfully". In a more unified vision, there is only one divine stream and one divine power, love. It just is, it just flows, and as a human being in that construct, I don't need "power over" other beings. I just need to focus on love and flowing with love. What path will allow me to do the things I most love to do? What path will allow me to model love and beauty, and add more of them to the world in the unique ways that I do best? What path allows me to share love with others and the environment? What path helps the world transition from "power over" to "sharing the power of love with"? 

May I have the wisdom and discernment to sense the way forward, with these queries as my guide.