Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Queen for a Day

For years, I have (half-jokingly) called myself the "Queen of the New Paradigm".  I mean, I've known that my "problem" (if it is one) is that I am so far out beyond the cutting edge that functioning in our world as it is poses huge challenges. I figured that there must be a paradigm out there that I represent, and, still having a deep connection with English history and traditions, thinking of myself as a "queen" appealed. Of course, to completely mix metaphors, "that plus a dollar twenty-five will get you a cup of coffee" (or did in NYC in the 1980's!) -- if no one else sees you as the Queen, then it's arguably not of any value whether you are or not.

Well, I have decided that today, July 31, 2024, I will be "Queen for a Day". Despite the fact that I continue to be monumentally lonely, and most of the issues I have discussed recently are still pending, I have decided that it is important to set up this coming month of August with the highest possible level of "queenliness" -- positive energy, leadership, stature, poise, wisdom, beauty, and harmony. I will expect the best things to come my way, and for my influence on others to be good as well. I'm not sure what clothing in my current wardrobe will reflect my status, but at the very least, I'll try to go out into the hot streets of Duluth looking slightly less frumpy than usual!

I pick an oracle card every morning, and today's (from the Rider Tarot deck) was six of wands -- it depicts a horseback rider being celebrated by a crowd of people, and victory wreaths held high on poles. It seems appropriate -- I guess the idea being that, while not at the moment of final success or victory, you are well on your way. All those years in church rather send a pall over this card for me. I can't help but remember that the celebratory Palm Sunday procession led inexorably to the crucifixion. Yet in my own way, I also don't believe in the power of "death", so I'm not super uncomfortable with this celebration partway down the path. If nothing else, aligning to that queenly energy now -- and holding onto it -- is key, no matter what the end of August looks like!