Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks

There is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I have a roof over my head as I finish the final minutes of "intermission," thanks to a dear friend and her ever-entertaining dog and cat.  I'm thankful to be part of a big Thanksgiving celebration and an excuse to bake one of my famous pies.  I'm thankful that I reminded myself yesterday that I can still paint in oils.  I am thankful for my computer, the library, and all my tools for information gathering and networking.  I'm thankful for world events, and all the ways they inspire thought and new spiritual understandings.  I'm thankful for friends near and far, some of whom are experiencing real challenges this month, and I'm sending them love.  I'm also, strangely enough, thankful for the raw, persistent and perplexing challenges in my own life, because I know that deep down they are catalysts for growth.  For whatever reason, I may not yet have learned their lessons, but that doesn't mean I cannot.  Somewhere deep down there within me is the power to do so.  Somewhere deep in me is extraordinary power, period.

More than anything, I am thankful for this blog, and the small audience of you out there reading it.  I know there is much to be done to make it more sophisticated, colorful and interactive. Yet for these few months, it has been what it needed to be.  Most of you cannot imagine the courage it has taken just to speak my truth in this modest way.  Each click of the "publish" button fills me with such fear, terror even, but once I do, I feel relief.  Yes, I'm finally out there in the world.  No lightning bolt. I'm still alive to write another day. Phew.

So I've only just scratched the surface.  To be a writer, regularly expressing herself in an ever-changing, spiritually-evolving world...what a great job!  I'm thankful.