Friday, February 26, 2016

Moving/Miscellany

For several months, as I have no doubt mentioned, I have been helping a friend get her house ready to sell, and now moving day is approaching.  Even when the boxes aren't your own, the process is really daunting.  There's a good reason why most people don't like to move and (except for those of us who own very little) try to avoid it.  Having said that, even in the midst of the worst of it, I've been aware of how an outer move facilitates inner movement and growth, and that makes it more bearable!  The cat and dog are hiding under beds and in corners, aware that something is happening and not enthused about what that something might be...I've learned so much about love from these personable animals, and several others that have crossed my path the last few years.  When I am settled, perhaps I, too, will have one of each.

My own next few months are beginning to solidify.  It makes it easier that I have made a promise to myself that year 60 (from now until February of 2017) is the year of "home." Whatever that means or is meant to mean to me in my sixties and beyond, the foundations will be built now.  It's such a happy feeling.  I am ready.

In the meantime, this blog has been my home base for six months, and I love that there is a small, slowly growing following out there, not only of Americans, Canadians, and a few Brits (which isn't surprising), but of some in Europe as well (which is a bit more so.)  Welcome, all of you!  Whatever your path may be, may my experiences occasionally resonate, give you something to think about, something to hope for, or something to be grateful for.  

This afternoon, bright, sunny, frigid, blustery, with blinding light on the snow, is the proverbial calm before the moving storm.  I think I will make some brownies. (The Liz solution to just about everything.) 

Have a good weekend everyone!