Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Leaving the Lock

A few weeks ago, I spoke of the last few months, metaphorically, like being in a lock in a river, where my boat had to come to a halt, heavy doors closed behind, and then waiting for the water to rise and bring my boat to a higher level. (Sorry, bad grammar, but it's been that kind of week!)

Well, I guess all I can say is that sort of "ready or not, here I come" style, the water has reached the top of the lock, and the metal doors in front of me are opening, and I'm committed.  Just about to head down the new stretch of river.  OK, I won't say I'm calm and collected.  I'm not.  I won't say I am ready.  I am probably not.  All I am doing is trying to give the Universe the opportunity to make more of my dreams come true.  And giving myself permission to navigate closer to the center of my own river this time rather than in the eddies at the river's edge. I can feel the turbulence under the boat as I exit the chamber of the lock.  After a period of calm, it feels bumpy.  But I'm blessing it.  I'm alive and there is new territory ahead.  I feel such gratitude.