Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Saturday on the Edge

I started to predict, back in the 1990s, that the decade of the 2020s would be extremely challenging. How did I know it? I don't know. I guess by the 90s, I had been alive long enough to realize that my own feminine gifts weren't being put to good use or financially supported, and I saw that this was true for most of my female friends. I realized that almost all my gut instincts ran contrary to how the world worked, which suggested that half of the world population is similarly prevented from making their best contributions to society. I suppose I hoped that within 20 years, cultures would see the unfairness of this and start to shift. Increasingly as the years passed, the musician in me could literally feel the vibrations of a world crescendo that simply couldn't be sustained indefinitely. And there was an odd humor in the possibility that with 2020, our "perfect vision" would start to emerge from the rubble of chaos.

But no matter how long one has expected something, it still doesn't diminish the sense of sadness, unease, and hopelessness at seeing the world gearing up yet again for what could become quite a substantial war. As a woman of 66, I have lost all my layers of intellectual curiosity about war, the why's and how's of battles past and present. I'm sorry, but military heroes are not my heroes. You cannot love and attack people at the same time. It is as simple as that. I resent what little I see from afar of war (as I do of over-development and over-consumption), almost literally feeling the gouging of the earth as if it were gouging of my own skin, explosions as if it were something blowing me to pieces, plastic or weaponry waste as if it were being stuffed in my nose and mouth. What we do to each other, we are doing to the earth, and to the larger Universe and the smallest atom.

My only current consolation in it all is believing that this is happening as all of us are being pulled spiritually upwards, into that "post-duality"/stream of love reality I keep talking about. It won't be for everyone. But our earth home cannot survive our current path. It cannot survive a civilization that does not respect women and honor Mother Earth and the spiritual feminine. Next week, I'm going to start sketching out what a world inspired by Goddess values would look like. Even I find it hard to "see" this clearly enough to talk about, but until we can see it we won't be able to create it.