Saturday, February 12, 2022

Post Number 600

First of all, may I just say how unutterably tragic it is that the world is teetering on the brink of another war. As of the early television news this morning, it was "just" the brink...all involved have the power to back away and find other solutions, as there are other solutions to almost any sort of conflict. But when too many people are actively attracted to conflict, or when too many people are invested in conflict, or when too many people hate or are fearful, it becomes a law of attraction thing. "Like energies attracting like." If there ever was (or is that "were"? Augh!) a weekend for the rest of us to calmly manifest love, creativity, beauty, and harmony, it is this weekend. 

So today appears to be my 600th published post. I started writing back in August of 2015, which means I have averaged approximately 100 essays a year. Truly, this blog is one of the handful of things I am most proud of. The content, I attribute to that of the Goddess within me, to the extent to which I am able to translate my impressions of Her into words. But the pride comes more from the fact that as of yet, I haven't lost heart and given up. Every single push of the "publish" button has required increasing amounts of courage. I don't look very courageous, with my greying long brown hair, bundled up against Duluth's bitter cold in about five layers of clothes. I don't feel very courageous, creakily getting out of bed in the morning and simply trying to get safely up and down the city's steep hillsides to the bus stop, or post office, library or grocery store. 65-going-on-66 is no walk in the park. But this blog "place", where I have practiced finding the deepest layer of me and letting her out to air, is my life right now. And I am so grateful that it is -- and you are -- here with me.

I'm no numerologist, but evidently six is the number of such things as love, harmony, empathy, and nurturing. It is undoubtedly the number for this month, 02-22, and for this year of 2022. So let us not forget that at the core of this tumultuous year, beautiful qualities reside.