Monday, February 21, 2022

Blizzard Joy

Last night was another of those nights when I almost literally couldn't sleep at all. This winter hibernation of '21-22 has certainly brought better sleep (at times), more active dreaming (at times) and complete inability to sleep (at times). The threat of war and the approach of a blizzard (snow currently coming down extremely heavily with strong northeast winds) had me wired up. I am not usually a "wired up" sort of person (!)

I watched the morning news long enough to see where we are at with this bizarre dance of the threat of war, and to see two basketball teams going at each other, fists flying, in the middle of a game. It is so perplexing to me. Is conflict simply a male default? The only person I have ever wanted to hurt was myself, which thankfully I never did. 

Last time, I promised to start writing about what a more Goddess-centered world would look like. So this morning, after three minutes of news (and for help and inspiration) I blindly pulled an oracle card. "Joy." 

That says it all, doesn't it? That there is a force for joy, passion, beauty, compassion and love in the midst of everything happening right now. The only way I can "envision" it is to imagine a loving, divine Mother. Human vocabulary cannot describe the ineffable, however, and I guess these next few years, as all eight billion of us try to understand the changes we are experiencing, there will be a world blizzard of spiritual activity. Just so you know, when I write, I am not trying to persuade people to see what I see. More than anything, I just need to make sure my voice is one of the snowflakes in the storm.

This Monday-Tuesday blizzard will require more time of me than I expected, in shoveling and lining up some help with shoveling. So for today, I guess the word "Joy" is the best I can do. There is a joyfulness to the way the snowflakes are dancing and flying through the air. There is joy in realizing nature is in charge, not us. All those grim faces on TV have lost sight of joy, if they ever knew how to experience it. And that's too bad -- for all of us.