Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Words of War

In the two weeks that I was focusing on my experience with narcissism, there has been considerable saber-rattling on the world scene. 

I need to say this; putting aside the realities of war, conflict, hatred, prejudice, and injustice, which are unbearable, I have reached the point where I also cannot bear hearing or reading the words of war. In fact, I can bear them so little that I won't even select a few to use as examples. The words themselves hurt. I feel pain, within myself, on behalf of people who may get hurt, and on behalf on Mother Earth who is inevitably injured by human conflict, verbal or physical.

A case can be made that I am far too sensitive. Certainly that is what people have told me my whole life. But I think now, late in life, that I am attuned to a post-duality/only love core reality, a thermostat that I finally trust. Because we are entering a time of shifting paradigms, and the old paradigm feels ancient, completely outdated. It even looks outdated on the news film. We have been through this too many times over thousands of years. Yet the war paradigm is going to be fighting for its life, and words are a big part of that. 

Whenever possible, we can choose to pay close attention to the words we say. A few years ago, a lawn sign showed up on many front yards that said "HATE has no home here" (or words to that effect). I remember cringing, because these well-meaning people had, in fact, given hate a prominent home in front of their house. So many organizations are "anti-war" or "anti-racism" or "anti-global warming", yet these kinds of titles simply reinforce focus on the negative condition, and help it to grow.

In a post-duality world, there is no conflict. There is no "anti-". There is no "other". There is nothing to fight. Look, I just focused on duality in those sentences, didn't I? It is genuinely hard to re-birth oneself out of that paradigm. Noticing one's own words is a first step. Noticing the effect others' words have on us is a second step. Then comes articulating what we really want -- a world of love, peace, harmony, and beauty. If people think we are being Pollyanna-ish, so be it. Let's be Pollyanna-ish together.