Friday, August 26, 2016

The Queen of the Soft-ish landing

I have become the Queen of the Soft-ish Landing. That is to say (to mix some metaphors!) when I am hurtling out of an airplane with no parachute -- in my effort to bushwhack through uncharted, post-old paradigm territory -- I seem to manage to land in a tree or a nice little pond more often than "splat" on the tarmac. Why is this? Well, I personally believe the Universe cannot even spare one person who grasps what is happening right now with humanity's evolution toward love. And secondly, as I am wailing through the air, complaining mightily that I shouldn't have to go through this yet again (and yes, I know I was somewhat peevish the other day, but darn has it ever been a long, strange journey!), somehow my feisty energy translates as "Please, dear GUS (God/Goddess/Universe/Source), may my life just get a little bit easier and less melodramatic for a while!" And somehow that intention brings about a soft-ish landing.

So this is how it transpired this time. After a few days of being on my feet nonstop for over six hours, and returning utterly and totally shattered, incapable of walking, I gave passing thought yesterday morning to quitting the job. I was in tears and literally didn't think my feet would survive two weeks of this, money or no money. Yet early in the AM, I learned that I was being offered a ride in a car to my workplace, thus cutting out about a mile and a quarter of walking. I looked up to the heavens and gave a big thumbs up. When I arrived at work, I was told I had to talk to the big boss. Lordy, I think to myself. What could I have done so wrong so quickly? Well, it turned out that in fact they wanted to know if I would be willing to work for the next few days at a small satellite location where they are short-staffed. It's nearer where I am staying, and so I said an enthusiastic yes. Another thumb's up.

After work, I met some academics who are medievalists (and who bless their hearts welcomed me with open arms based on my MMus in early Christian chant.) I also learned that a Cambridge University college choir is going to be in the area next weekend, doing a series of workshops, concerts and services. Really? Really?

For the moment, I am basking, gratefully, in the soft-ish landing.