Friday, August 12, 2016

Wake-up call

On a hot August afternoon, I am feeling kind of overwhelmed, not so much on a personal level, but on a global one. I'm one of those people who no longer deliberately follows the news, but it follows me. It follows all of us. You know what I mean. You just cannot get away from it. 

Despite some good things happening in my own life, like getting a temp job that will keep me going into September, I feel (like, literally feel) a major shift coming in our world energy. You know, many years ago, I wrote several things about how the period from about 2015 to 2025 or beyond would be "the transition" -- a time when our civilization would be transformed for the better, but the process would be very, very hard for people holding on to the old paradigm. I cannot find those old writings (they may be long gone) but I'll say it again. The next decade or two will be quite a wild ride. It's almost like every old societal hurt, every injustice that was swept under the rug in the past is now rising to the surface. There's so much that makes me jump for joy, like the emergence of powerful, outspoken women. And yet reactive, violent, hateful sludge is seeping up with a vengeance. Even when I just briefly scan the news headlines, I not only relive trauma from my own life; my body remembers historical traumas experienced over centuries by my "constituency" (brilliant spiritual women).

My head and my heart are on board with holding on for dear life and trying to rise up high enough to observe events with compassion. But on a day when I pulled an oracle card that means "wake-up call"; when (evidently) Saturn is moving from a four-month retrograde cycle into a much more active time; and when an air show is starting nearby, with excruciatingly loud fighter jets swooping in circles overhead -- on this kind of day, you realize that compassion won't be enough in the upcoming months and years. It will take enormous inner strength to avoid "fighting" the old sludge, rather, to exemplify a more love-filled future with confidence and grace. The wake-up call is not a call to arms or destruction of the old. It is a call to consciousness and creation of the new. To get conscious, we need to keep breathing, so that's my call for this weekend. Breathe in. Breathe out. If you, too, are feeling overwhelmed, please know you are not alone. Once again, let's just keep breathing.