Wednesday, January 11, 2017

High wind warnings

Late yesterday and early today, the wind has been intense. A year ago, I would have thought, "wow, it's windy out." Now, of course, it's a metaphor.

One of the hardest aspects of my life has been the frequency with which people have told me I am wrong. This goes back as far back as I can remember and, of course, once a momentum for something gets started, it's hard to stop. To this day, with some important exceptions, I seem to choose the company of a lot of contrarians! (And, truthfully, to do things destined to elicit that response.) I think what it stems from is that I notice everything, and have the kind of mind that draws conclusions from what I see. And I always try to speak the truth as I see it. This quality is not always fully appreciated (!) and of course, that is part of the reason that it took until fully 59-and-a-half to even drum up the courage to write for the public. It's not an issue of wanting to be seen as "right," because that whole duality thing is part of what I think we are outgrowing. No, it's just a case of starting to believe my observations at least have always been "valid." The small group of you who regularly read this blog have helped me to believe that, for which I cannot thank you enough.

So I will let you decide whether the following has validity for you. Back in the 1990's and early 2000's, I did some writing where I predicted that society would enter (somewhere around 2015-2020) something I called "The Transition." This would be an extremely volatile, challenging time but one that would open up space for more enlightened societies and institutions. I reckoned that it might take several decades to walk through.

What's interesting is that there are a lot of chilling predictions being made right now, but only a few spiritually-based thinkers seem to see it in the larger context of eventual renewal, which seems to me is inevitable as long as a large percentage of us stay fearless, with our channels open to genuine divine love, and our eyes attuned to larger realities than those in the news feed. Everything we think is right may be upended. We all may be told we are wrong. The wind is going to blow with a gale force at times. This is likely to be one heck of a storm. But when it subsides, I think we will be stunned by the beauty in front of us when the sun shines again.

So batten down the hatches. Clarify your values and be prepared to stay aligned with them. Try to always act from love, not fear. Be yourself, don't hide below decks. Your little boat needs a captain now more than ever. This, as they say, is our time.