Thursday, January 26, 2017

Today's List

I keep thinking that I'll give my poor readers a break, and yet the momentum of change is so intense right now, there is too much to say. So whether five readers or fifty check in today, I'll plow ahead. "Plow" isn't the right word, really. As you can tell, I love to write (!) I guess it is more a case of no longer blocking myself.

As I have probably mentioned in the past, one way I stop my own personal downward slides is to write a "list of ten" -- things that I am grateful for or which seem to be positive in a hard situation. As someone wise said (and at the moment I cannot remember who), you cannot be thankful and miserable at the same time. So, here goes.
  1. I am thankful that this situation seems to be bringing people and their passions back to life.
  2. I am thankful that this situation is forcing all of us to really be clear on our true values.
  3. I am thankful for society's opportunity to see what blocked channels to Divine Love really look like.
  4. I am thankful to be reminded that my mission is always to love more. However, it is OK to focus most on those people and situations which have some capacity to love and heal in return. In the face of the empty, it is best to bless then simply turn away.
  5. I am thankful to be reminded that nothing outside of me can make me happy or unhappy -- in the midst of chaos, aligning with "that of God within" is my main job.
  6. I am thankful to have had the opportunity (in the face of potentially losing them) to fully appreciate our freedoms.
  7. I am thankful for the power of women.
  8. I am thankful for the power of music.
  9. I am thankful to have a roof over my head today, access to some food, and a tiny stream of income from things on the neutral-to-enjoyment spectrum. (This is really quite a step forward after decades of falling back on employment that could not fully challenge or interest me.)
  10. I am thankful for the spring-like bird I just heard in the 40 degree temperatures.
What's on your list today?