Monday, June 14, 2021

Wonder-full

I woke up this morning more filled with wonder and gratitude than I have in many months, perhaps since the pandemic started. 

In late April, I realized that I would need to move forward from my current living situation, and it seemed as if my two options were "death" (low-income senior housing, a commitment that would be spiritually devastating, making fulfilling any aspect of my preferred destiny nearly impossible) or "life" (some other option that kept a door open to greater beauty, spirituality, and forward movement). On May 7, in a sunrise vow, I made a commitment to go big in the service of the divine feminine, but I still didn't know what that might entail. All I could do was declare that by the middle of June, I would know what the best next housing step was, and that I would take that step before Independence Day weekend. To give Florence Scovel Shinn my own spin, my job was to "stand still" and watch greater wisdom than mine lead me in the most beneficial direction. 

Lo and behold, I made a contact this weekend that is either "signs of land" (Shinn-speak for something that shows you that you are on the right track) or the right step itself. It happened easily but also required me to phone up someone I don't know. So solutions do not literally fall into your lap. When the moment is right, some action has to be taken, whether buying a computer, or contacting total strangers, or entering a store at what turns out to be a fortuitous moment. Now that I'm older, I don't have the energy for a lot of wasted effort, so ease-of-movement makes me feel even more grateful than ever (!) 

In the past, Law of Attraction/metaphysical approaches haven't always fully worked in my life, much as I thought they should. To go back to the highway metaphor several blogs ago, when I was in the "duality" lane, I couldn't help but attract roadblocks and limitation. Let's face it, it is a world that thrives on conflict, and whose core values and assumptions don't seem to match mine. What I manifested, therefore, was a zig-saggy muddle, still rich in growth, but not easy or personally fulfilling. Having changed lanes, and having begun to openly "work" for the Goddess, life is beginning to have a really different energy, and I suspect that, as long as I continue to face in Her direction and listen closely to my intuition, this lane in the highway of life will indeed be clearer and more easily navigated. What is wonder-full is not so much positive outcomes, but the light-filled, spacious feeling inside.