Thursday, November 3, 2016

Baseball

Well, so I am not a big baseball fan. I am one of those people who doesn't watch it all summer, and only occasionally watches when World Series comes around. This year, because I really had no preference between Chicago and Cleveland, I didn't even watch the first six games. But last night, I had to watch. I knew it was going to be a historic win either way, and it turned out that the level of play was just amazing. I couldn't turn it off. After a rain delay, the game went into a hold-your-breath tenth inning, and was won by Chicago at nearly 1 AM, their first championship in 108 years. I mean, that is so cool, isn't it?

It was neat to watch people who love what they do, care so, so much, and play a sport where the "beating" is only metaphorical. I'm not sure I'll become an ardent fan, but "never say never."