Monday, November 21, 2016

I don't understand

You wake up on a Monday morning, hoping that through some miracle the current nightmare will have gone away over the weekend, that it was all some kind of frenzied figment of your imagination. It has not. It was not.

This isn't quite the post I intended to write, but I just need to say that on so many levels, I do not understand what is going on right now. And I can't help but wonder if many of us, standing way back and trying to get a more universal, divine perspective, might feel the same way.

I do not understand hatred. I don't. I particularly do not understand blanket hatred of huge communities. I don't understand wanting people to suffer. I don't think it is possible for beings of love to hate at all, much less in such an all-encompassing way. We may need to step away from individual people and groups at times, but there is a way to do that calmly and without malice. Just bless people and move on.

I do not understand wanting power over people, or wanting to amass more and more power. I just don't. I can understand being in touch with one's one spiritual power and attempting to become a genuinely loving leader. But fear-instilling leadership, no.

And no, I've never understood our capitalist system or the profit motive (and I've been non-functional within it.) I could have understood the love motive or the beauty motive or the harmony motive or the nurturing motive or the wisdom motive. But profit, no. And how this factors in to what is going on is certainly fascinating, but as usual, I feel like a being from another planet watching people whose motivations and actions are utterly inconceivable to me.

The good thing is that, although the intellectual me would like to try to understand what is happening, the spiritual me celebrates that I am not likely to ever understand. Somehow on this Monday morning, I need to keep aligning with what feels most spiritually true in all these areas, what feels most loving, and act only from there.